- About Leach
- Season Subscriptions
- Seating Chart
- Theatre Etiquette
- Contact Us
- Back Row Club
- Meet the Staff
- Directions and Parking
- Technical Information
- Rent the Theatre
- Join our Mailing List
- Theatre Etiquette
- Past Events
A. House Mix Position
The house mixing position is centered in the last row of seating at the rear of the house. It is completely open to the stage. Access is through a door in the upper lobby. There is no elevator. All equipment must be carried up the stairs in the house. If a snake is used, approximately 125' is required to reach the downstage edge of the stage.
1. Mixing Console:
The house console is an Allen & Heath ML3000 (32 channel, 15 buss, 8 VCA, 4 Stereo). It features 8 aux sends (7 & 8 stereo capable, Hi Shelving EQ, Hi-Mid EQ controls, Lo-Mid EQ controls (mid - boost/cut, sweep), and Lo Shelving EQ. Complete specs are available at http://www.allen-heath.com/US/DisplayProduct.asp?pview=7
2. Source Equipment
- (1) Sony CDP-D11 Professional CD Player w/ wireless remote
- (1) Sony MDS-E12 Professional Minidisc Player/Recorder w/ wireless remote
- (1) Dell Computer, Win XP Pro, 256MB Dual output video, P4 3.0GHz, 1Gb RAM
3. Processors / EQs
- (1) Behringer Ultra-Curve Pro DSP-8024 (House EQ)
- (2) DbX12 series dual analog EQ
- (1) TC Electronic M-One XL
- (1) Echo3G LAYLA
B. Input Locations
XLR jacks are located throughout the facility. On stage, there are 8 inputs each USR, USL, DSL, and DSR. A total of 16 inputs are located in the pit. There are 2 inputs in the lower lobby, 2 in the FOH lighting catwalk, and 2 on the catwalk in the loading gallery.
All inputs connect to a patch bay at the house mix position.
C. Mic Inventory
- (3) Shure SM58s
- (14) Shure SM59s
- (6) EV RE-10s w/floor pads
- (4) EV N/D 408As
- (5) Crown PCC-160s
- (2) Shure Microflex MX418D/C (podium mic)
- (8) Shure ULX1 wireless lapels (flesh colored mic buds)
- (6) Shure SLX1 wireless lapels (black mic buds)
- (4) Countryman E6 I headset microphones
- (6) Shure SM58 Wireless Hand Helds
D. Speaker Cluster
The house cluster consists of 15" JBL subs and horns. The main cluster is located directly above the downstage edge of the stage. The satellite cluster is located over the middle of the house and is delayed to cover the last 10 rows. The cluster is mono. Amplification is by Crown PS-200 and PS-400 amps. The system uses a 70v distribution network to feed the cluster. Amps are located in the amp room on the third floor behind the light booth.
(2) QSC KW181 18", 1000 watt, active ported subwoofer cabinets are also available.
The amps and all the equipment at the house mixing position are powered from an isolation transformer located in the amp room on the third floor.
E. Stage Monitor System
(8) Behringer Eurolive B212D and 8 Galaxy Hot Spot stage monitors are available. Outputs are located for each channel on the wall USR, USL, DSR, DSL, on the orchestra pit, and two sets are available in the orchestra pit.
F. Backstage / Lobby monitoring facilities / Paging
Separate feeds are available for ceiling monitors located throughout the lobby and backstage. Both feeds run through a digital delay and compressor/limiter.
The lobby feed sends audio to the upper and lower lobby as well as the box office and entire 3rd floor (light booth and spot booths).
The backstage line feeds two quick change rooms, the scene shop, ATD's office, both dressing rooms, the green room, the costume shop, and the theater lab (black box). Pots are located on the wall in each room backstage to control the volume.
G. Intercom System
Leach uses a 2 channel ClearCom intercom system.
Dual-channel speaker stations are located in the house sound position, stage manager's panel, light booth, and TD's office. Stations are also located at each house door in the lobby (a total of 4).
8 single-channel beltpacks are available. 12 single-muff headsets are available. 1 ultra-light headset is permanently located in the sound mix position.
Inputs for both channels are located on the wall USR, USL, DSR, DSL, in the orchestra pit floor-pocket and on the upstage wall in the pit. 3 inputs are available along the flyrail. There are 2 inputs in the loading gallery. 1 input is located in the FOH A catwalk as well as 1 on the FOH B catwalk. There are also inputs in each box boom. Finally, there is 1 set of inputs in the lower lobby.
H. Hearing Impaired Listening Facilities
A Listen Technologies infrared hearing impaired system is available. It receives audio from the house console monitor feed. Receivers are available upon request from the box office in the lobby.
I. Acoustic Curtains
Motorized curtains are located on either side of the house and along the back wall. These curtains retract to reveal drywall and give the house a more live sound. Curtain controls are located in the house sound mix position. The curtains are typically opened for small instrumental or choral groups.
J. Accessories (Stands, tools, cables, adapters)
- (3) Table stands
- (3) Boom stands
- (7) Straight stands
- (2) direct box (one is a powered DI with 8 inputs/outputs)
- (1) XLR/TRS/BNC cable tester
- (20) 50' XLR mic cables
- (25) 25' XLR mic cables
- (6) Various length 1/4" instrument/monitor cables
- A wide variety of mic clips including shock-mount clips
- Various couplers, adapters, turnarounds, etc.